Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tiger Cub Camping trip

Ethan had his first Cub Scout camping trip last weekend. As a tiger cub you are required to have a parent come with you and the whole family is invited to come along. Seeing as how I am not a camping kind of girl (nor a hiking, sleeping with critters, and not having running water kind of girl) I decided not to participate in the weekend festivities. Seth and I stayed home went to Mexican for lunch, then to the library and read books most of the afternoon (much more to my liking). Ethan had a BLAST! He couldn't stop talking about it. I was relieved to hear from him that not only did he not see any snakes, but he didn't spot any bears either :) The tent is set up and ready to be slept in.
Ethan's pirate pumpkin. For those of you who watch veggie tales (and those of you who don't really should....they are so funny!) can't you see this pirate pumpkin in the next episode?
This was called the Body Bopper. You get in, run toward someone else in a body bopper and try to knock each other down. The first one to fall over is the loser. Kind of like human bumper cars, I guess? Ethan was pleased he "won" both times he participated. Something tells me there are no Body Bopper contests at Brownie/Girl Scout camp outs.
The next game was "Eating a cookie off a string". Cookie, string, hands behind back....pretty self explanatory.

No comments: